The following items will be mandatory to complete before a Kid Safe card is issued.
CDC concussion awareness
And then a Background check
Every coach, assistant coach, and volunteer needs to go through this process, even if they are in Gotsoccer from prior seasons. When they log on, they will see links that they can use to take the courses (SafeSport 90 minutes and Concussion 45 minutes). They must complete the courses to receive a kid safe card and to be added to a team.
Currently, all coaches have been removed from Gotsoccer unless they have already taken the courses.
The SafeSport training is mandatory because of a US federal law. The concussion class is mandatory from STYSA and our insurance underwriter.
Use the following instructions to complete the volunteer registration process:
- Go to the club’s website, www.southbeltsoccer.org and then go to the registration page and click on: Head Coach Registration (Green) or Assistant Coach, Team Parent, and Team Manager (Purple)
- Create a new user name and password, once you are done with this then go to: www.gotsoccer.com
- On the top right corner of the page click on “User Login”
- Under “Team & Team Officials” click on “Login”, then Under “Individual Coach” enter the new user name and password you created. This section is for the head coach use only. If you are an assistant coach or team parent then use the “Individual Manager” section on the page.
- On the next page click on “Background Check” and enter the information required and submit it.
- A few days after this process your name will appear on our list and we will assign you to the team as the coach.
- All the assistant coaches, team parents have to go through the same process.
- After you complete your registration, please contact the club so we can add you to the appropriate team.
- If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact us.